About Me

My photo
Hello! This is a blog documenting works in progress produced by me in DSDN 144. As the blog title explains it all, I'm a photography newbie. Always had strong interests in photography and loves looking at amazing photographs that captures the 'moment'. Looking forward to explore in the world of lights and shadows and learn more skills on taking the 'wow amaazing!' photo :)

Friday, 24 September 2010

Project 3 Objects: Studio exercise

In studio we were introduced to 15mm lens which is appropiate to use for object photography/close ups. Also we have learnt to use lighting and coloured sheets creatively to create a particular mood. I find this studio very useful, as I didn't have any idea on how to manipulate the lighting and colours to help me achieve certain moods for an image.

The following images are the work from the class which I think is successful:


I like this one because the composition was good, its the cord of an old-style telephone. The red colour gives the sinister or mysterious atmosphere and the airy feeling that leaves the audience wondering what is happening at the time this image was taken.




I like the focus and the composition in this image.




In contrast, without the red colour to accompany this image. I still find this image very interesting, as it's a narrative image that is telling a story or a moment. It is nicely framed too.




This was very cleverly done. Kinda of like macro mystery. I had no idea what this object was until I looked at other images. It is the top of a bike helmet. The first thought that came to my head was that it was a machine or something related to starwars?? This was very interesting image as it triggers audience interest and their imagination. I could learn from this image to manipulate objects so that it does not appear in their usual form. Creates interests and triggers audience imagination.





Even though this image's focus was off, I really like the way the light at back creates a special effect. That it reminds me of something similar in movies where an amazing object was going to appear. The suspense and tension within the image. I could consider this effect in my images with the lighting shining directing behind the object to create that bright 'glare'.

No comments:

Post a Comment