About Me

My photo
Hello! This is a blog documenting works in progress produced by me in DSDN 144. As the blog title explains it all, I'm a photography newbie. Always had strong interests in photography and loves looking at amazing photographs that captures the 'moment'. Looking forward to explore in the world of lights and shadows and learn more skills on taking the 'wow amaazing!' photo :)

Monday, 6 September 2010

Project 2 People: 2nd photoshoot

The weather in Wellington hasn't been very sunny after the initial shoots, But I still need to take more photos. With that in mind, I went back on a finer day (but it only stopped raining towards the afternoon! So the images were of a different quality to the initial shoots) hoping to take more photos of players in action.

After the initial shoots I have decided that I wanted to explore more on the players with the following points and really need to refine my concept more with a stronger rationale to support the images:

What am I photographing?
A group of young people in the basketball courts in the city.
Not a planned gathering or a fierce competition, but just a group of people who has strong passion for basketball and to play and enjoy the sunshine with other people's company.

Why did I choose to photography basketball players?
I feelt that young people's buzzing energy and passion for life can be revealed in the basketball courts, a place where they can be carefree and purely endulge in the fun and company of their mates.

The swift movement of the young players makes a game more exciting and their interaction between players shows their relationship with one another, the bonding between one another can sometimes unintentionally shown by the players if they have been playing together for a long time where they have a 'tacit understanding', as well as each individual's tactics which makes each player unique and each plays an important part in the team.



Contact sheets from the 2nd photoshoot:

No comments:

Post a Comment