About Me

My photo
Hello! This is a blog documenting works in progress produced by me in DSDN 144. As the blog title explains it all, I'm a photography newbie. Always had strong interests in photography and loves looking at amazing photographs that captures the 'moment'. Looking forward to explore in the world of lights and shadows and learn more skills on taking the 'wow amaazing!' photo :)

Saturday, 18 September 2010

Project 3 Object: Proposal

Project 3 is about photographing things/ojects, it could be anything from food to utensils.
-The aim is to create 'new identities' for and emotional responses from these lifeless objects.
-through the act of photographing chosen objects, we are to transform them so they no-longer relate to their original function.

For this assignment I want to thouroughly understand what the assessment requirements was so I could aim at them directly which will help me in achieving higher in this project.
1) Ability to imaginatively explore photographic vision
2) Quality and coherance in your concept
3) Effective technical control
4) Evidence of research and successful understanding of visual precedants
5) Evidence of documentation of and reflection upon project's process.

With the above in mind, the next step would be chosing the appropiate objects that will help me achieve a series of imaginative and creative images which transforms an object to be something else. It would be good to have the element of humour in these images, which will make it more effective and more engaging to the audience.

Also it would be helpful to research on existing images that are successful on how other photographers manipulate objects to become something. Almost like empowering an object so it could be transformed to something else.

I would need to experiement with lighting, as I believe that lighting would have a huge affect on how well the image will turn out and what kind of atmosphere and mood I'm giving to the object.

No comments:

Post a Comment