About Me

My photo
Hello! This is a blog documenting works in progress produced by me in DSDN 144. As the blog title explains it all, I'm a photography newbie. Always had strong interests in photography and loves looking at amazing photographs that captures the 'moment'. Looking forward to explore in the world of lights and shadows and learn more skills on taking the 'wow amaazing!' photo :)

Sunday, 8 August 2010

Project_2_People_Initial Response

The next project is about People.
From the introduction lecture and looking through the brieft I have note down some parts and with questions that will be answered to understand the brief properly. Because from the last assignment, I don't think I have grasped the concept enough to be able to take stronger images.

"Explore portrait photography both inside and outside the studio."
This meant that I could explore taking images of people, not only in everyday situation or in a documentary form. But also could be 'staged' using the correct lighting and positioning to portrait my idea.


"Alternatively, you may want to conceptualise that would constitute an 'anti-portrait'. You may want to explore the nature of what it is that makes us who we are."
I thought this part of the brief was quite important. First of all, 'anti-portrait' can be understand as images taken with a sense of people with no face, so it is about capturing the sense of people.

1949 year of Ox, Daniel Lee, Manimal series



1965 year of Snake, Daniel Lee, Manimal series
Daniel Lee interprets the Chinese Zodiac in contemporary terms through computer manipulation of photographic images. There are 12 zodiac signs (animals) which is merged into a man form.

http://inventorspot.com/articles/manimals_13736/





Toilet, Paul Smith, Make my night 1998

Race, Paul Smith, Make my night, 1998
Paul Smith used a technical method combined with the use of multiple self-portraits. Which makes the single person reappearing in the photograph to compose the image. This was quite effective as the photos have a narrative sense even though it is only in one time frame.




No comments:

Post a Comment