About Me

My photo
Hello! This is a blog documenting works in progress produced by me in DSDN 144. As the blog title explains it all, I'm a photography newbie. Always had strong interests in photography and loves looking at amazing photographs that captures the 'moment'. Looking forward to explore in the world of lights and shadows and learn more skills on taking the 'wow amaazing!' photo :)

Sunday, 29 August 2010

Project 2 people: Initial shots

I still was not quite sure where I want to go for the project so I went out to Waitangi Park on a sunny day and sat by the skate board and basketball court to take some photos of young people in that space. I found action shots of basketball players jumping for the ball or reaching for a goal quite interesting and it gives a sense of movement and people interaction in that space.









Some of the shots that I thought was successful:













This shot here displays another idea or way of approaching the players on court. From this angle, some really interesting shadows are cast and it could potential portrait the movements or actions by the players. I want to explore further the play of shadows, so the next step would be to go back on a sunny day around the same time and approach the players with the sun behind them and compose the shot so it includes the shadows on the ground. Also I'd need to take into consideration of the buildings behind (Te Papa) I could move further to the right away from the builiding and more of the sky to achieve a greater contrast of the objects, as the players are currently blended into the background.





The next step would be to go back to take more photos and explore and define what my concept is, and what I want to capture from these players.












No comments:

Post a Comment